The Glory of Christ in the Creation and Reconciliation of All Things: With Special Reference to the Doctrine of Eternal Evil; a Course of Sermons Preached at Eaton Chapel, Eaton Square, London
Longmans, 1869 - 213 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Glory of Christ in the Creation and Reconciliation of All Things: With ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
able according ages appear applied argument Author become believe Bible body book of Revelation called cast Christ Christian Church complete consumed continue course created creation creatures Crown 8vo death destroy destruction difference difficulty Divine doctrine doubt Edition effect endless eternal everlasting evil existence expressions fact faith feel final fire future glory God's Gospel Grant heart hell HISTORY Holy human idea Illustrations immortality infinite judgment language limited live Lord matter means mind misery moral namely nature never pass passage period perish persons popular position possible Post Practical present punishment question reason reference revelation revised saved Scripture Second sense soul speak spirit suffering supposed surely teaching theory things Third thou thought tion torment true truth universe unto vols whole wicked Woodcuts writes
15. oldal - For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell ; and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
127. oldal - Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad ; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life...
v. oldal - I charge you before God and His blessed angels that you follow me no further than you have seen me follow the Lord Jesus Christ. " If God reveal anything to you by any other instrument of His, be as ready to receive it as ever you were to receive any truth by my ministry ; for I am verily persuaded the Lord has more truth yet to break forth out of His holy Word.
111. oldal - Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be '.disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner.
167. oldal - SAVE me, O God ; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.
66. oldal - He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
207. oldal - SOUTHEY'S POETICAL WORKS, with the Author's last Corrections and copyright Additions. Library Edition, in 1 vol. medium 8vo. with Portrait and Vignette, 14s. or in 10 vols. fcp. 3s. 6d. each. LAYS of ANCIENT ROME ; with Ivry and the Armada.
193. oldal - TREASURY of GEOGRAPHY, Physical, Historical, Descriptive, and Political. Edited by W. HUGHES, FRGS With 7 Maps and 16 Plates. Fcp. 10s. 6d. Natural History and Popular Science. ELEMENTARY TREATISE on PHYSICS, Experimental and Applied. Translated and edited from GANOT'S Elements de Physique (with the Author's sanction) by E.