Sermons and Other Practical Works: Consisting of Above One Hundred and Fifty Sermons Besides His Poetical Pieces. To which is Prefixed an Account of the Author's Life and Writings with an Elegiac Poem, and Large Contents, 7. kötet
H. Mitchell, 1796
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acts againſt alſo appear application authority becauſe believe bleſſed blood body bring brought building called cauſe Chriſt church comes covenant curſe dead death deſtroyed devil doctrine duty earth enemies eternal everlaſting faith Father fear finners firſt foul foundation gave give given glory God's goſpel grace ground hand hath head hear heart heaven Hence himſelf holy hope houſe Jeſus John King laid laſt light live look Lord means miniſters moſt muſt nature never offer overcome particular peace perſon pray promiſe raiſe receive redeemed redemption righteouſneſs river ſaid ſalvation ſame Satan ſave ſay ſee ſent ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſoul ſpeak Spirit ſpiritual ſtrength ſtrong ſuch ſure temple thee themſelves thereof theſe things thou tion true truth unto wherein whole word
165. oldal - Of his own will begat he us by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first fruits of his creatures.
244. oldal - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth : for he shall not speak of himself ; but whatsoever he shall hear that shall he speak : and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me : for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine : therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.
375. oldal - WHO is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.
111. oldal - For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily, and ye are complete in him ; which is the head of all principality and power...
233. oldal - And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow , of wines on the lees well refined.
266. oldal - God: and I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: and I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good ; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
356. oldal - IF there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams...
209. oldal - Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
272. oldal - For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: and they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.