Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actors American appears architect architectural authority Badakshan Berkeley Berkeley's Bishops British building called capital Carlyle Carlyle's cent character Chichester Fortescue China Chinese Christian Church claim Colonel Yule Common Era Dickens doubt Duke England English fact favour feeling Frere genius give Government hand honour House interest Ireland Irish Kashgar Kerman King Kublai Khan Kuen Lun labour Lady land less literary live London Lord Lord Palmerston Marco Polo matter means ment Milton mind modern nature never noble object opinion Pamir Parliament party passed persons Pitt poet political practical present principle question religious Roman Catholic schools Sir Henry Holland society speech spirit style Talleyrand teachers things thought Tiberius tion trade travellers treaty true truth Ultramontane W. R. Greg whole words workmen writings
406. oldal - He scarce had ceased when the superior Fiend Was moving toward the shore; his ponderous shield, Ethereal temper, massy, large, and round, Behind him cast. The broad circumference Hung on his shoulders like the moon, whose orb Through optic glass the Tuscan artist views At evening, from the top of Fesolè, Or in Valdarno, to descry new lands, Rivers, or mountains, in her spotty globe.
536. oldal - East by a line to be drawn along the middle of the river St. Croix, from its mouth in the Bay of Fundy to its source, and from its source directly north to the aforesaid highlands which divide the rivers that fall into the Atlantic Ocean from those which fall into the river St. Lawrence...
336. oldal - It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it ? neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? but the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
535. oldal - Croix River to the highlands; along the said highlands which divide those rivers that empty themselves into the river St. Lawrence from those which fall into the Atlantic Ocean to the northwesternmost head of Connecticut River...
450. oldal - In full-blown dignity, see Wolsey stand, Law in his voice, and fortune in his hand...
434. oldal - And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true; and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
466. oldal - I will not, join in congratulation on misfortune and disgrace. This, my Lords, is a perilous and tremendous moment. It is not a time for adulation: the smoothness of flattery cannot save us in this rugged and awful crisis. It is now necessary to instruct the throne in the language of truth.
418. oldal - To life obscured, which were a fair dismission, But throw'st them lower than thou didst exalt them high, Unseemly falls in human eye, Too grievous for the trespass or omission ; Oft leavest them to the hostile sword Of heathen and profane, their carcasses To dogs and fowls a prey, or else captived ; Or to the unjust tribunals, under change of times, And condemnation of the ungrateful multitude.