Pneumatologia, Or, A Discourse Concerning the Holy Spirit: Wherein an Account is Given of His Name, Nature, Personality, Dispensation, Operations, and Effects ; His Whole Work in the Old and New Creation is Explained and the Doctrine Concerning it Vindicated
Tower & Hogan, 1827 - 391 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ability according actual apostle appear ascribed authority believers blessed blood body called cause Church command communication concerning condition conformity consider consideration consists continually conversion corrupt creation darkness dead death divine doctrine duty effects efficacy election eternal evidence evil exercise expressed faculties faith Father fear flesh fruits gifts give given glory God's Gospel grace hath heart Hence Holy Ghost Holy Spirit immediate increase intended interest Jesus Christ John kind knowledge light live Lord lusts manner matter means mind ministry moral nature necessary ness never obedience object observe occasions operations ourselves perfect perform persons pray prayer preaching present principle promise proposed proved reason receive regeneration requires respect revelation rule sanctified Scripture sealed sense sins sometimes soul speak teach things tion true truth understand unto virtue whereby wherein whole wisdom wrought
143. oldal - For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.
140. oldal - The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead...
32. oldal - The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
68. oldal - And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots : " And the Spirit of the Lord s'hall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge, and of the fear of the Lord...
185. oldal - I will be as the dew unto Israel ; he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon. They that dwell under his shadow shall return ; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine ; the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.
272. oldal - It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
221. oldal - Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.
39. oldal - Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?
24. oldal - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now, if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.