Congressional Parliamentary Reference Sources: An Introductory Guide
This book describes the official parliamentary reference sources governing House and Senate procedures. It also discusses the relationship among the standing rules, precedents, points of order and parliamentary inquiries in both chambers. House sources described include the Constitution, Jefferson's Manual, the House Rules and Manual, Procedure in the US House of Representatives (Descheler's and Brown's Procedure), Descheler's Precedents, Cannon's Procedures and Hinds' and Cannon's Precedents. Senate sources described are the Constitution, the Senate Rules and manual, the Standing Orders of the Senate, and Senate Procedure (Riddick's Procedure). A complete and thorough reading is guaranteed to all. Contents: Introduction; Parliamentary Reference Sources: An Introductory Guide; Parliamentary Reference Sources: Senate; Parliamentary Reference Sources: House of Representatives; Index.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Parliamentary Reference Sources Senate
Parliamentary Reference Sources House Of Representatives
action addition adopted agreements amendment annotations appear applied authority bill Budget Cannon's Precedents Chair chairman changes Chapter citations clause cloture Committee on Rules conference Cong Congress Congressional Budget Congressional Record consideration considered Constitution contains created debate decision Deschler's Precedents described discussed Document edition effect established example floor germane govern Hinds House of Representatives House parliamentary House Rules House Rules Committee important Internet Jefferson's Manual Laws Legislative limit majority matter measure Members motion offered parliamentary reference sources party pending point of order practices presented Presiding Officer principles publication published question quorum reader recognition relating requires resolution rule-making statutes Rules and Manual section number Senate Procedure Senate rules Senate's Service Sess session Speaker specific Standing Order standing rules summary suspend topics U.S. House unanimous consent United usually VIII volumes vote Washington
92. oldal - The rules of parliamentary practice, comprised in Jefferson's Manual, shall govern the House in all cases to which they are applicable, and in which they are not inconsistent with the standing rules and orders of the House, and joint rules of the Senate and House of Representatives.
28. oldal - The motion is highly privileged and is not debatable. An amendment to the motion is not in order, and it is not in order to move to reconsider the vote by which the motion is agreed to or disagreed to.
35. oldal - And I beseech you, Wrest once the law to your authority: To do a great right, do a little wrong, And curb this cruel devil of his will.
28. oldal - An amendment to, or motion to recommit, the resolution is not in order, and it is not in order to move to reconsider the vote by which the resolution is agreed to or disagreed to.
99. oldal - All appeals from the decisions of the Chair relating to the application of the rules of the Senate or the House of Representatives, as the case may be, to the procedure relating to a resolution with respect to a reorganization plan shall be decided without debate.
28. oldal - SEC. 205. (a) When the committee has reported, or has been discharged from further consideration of, a resolution with respect to a reorganization plan, it shall at any time thereafter be in order (even though a previous motion to the same effect has been disagreed to) to move to proceed to the consideration of such resolution.
26. oldal - Comw. L. 2, c. 3. The consequences of a measure may be reprobated in strong terms ; but to arraign the motives of those who propose to advocate it, is a personality, and against order.
68. oldal - House until disposed of. (B) Debate on the resolution, and on all debatable motions and appeals in connection therewith...
53. oldal - The proceedings of the Senate shall be briefly and accurately stated on the journal. Messages of the President in full ; titles of bills and joint resolutions, and such parts as shall be affected by proposed amendments ; every vote, and a brief statement of the contents of each petition, memorial, or paper presented to the Senate, shall be entered.
68. oldal - ... to be equally divided between, and controlled by, the majority leader and the minority leader or their designees.