Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according actions affections answer argument authority body bring called carry cause certainly Christ Christian church command common concerning condition conscience consequently consider consideration contrary death deny desire direct discourse divine doubt duty equally evil expression eyes false force give God's greater greatest ground hand heart honour human infinite interest judge judgment kind king learning least less lives look Lord man's manner matter means men's mind morally nature needs never obliged observed particular pass person pleasure poor practice pray prayer present principles prove reason receive religion respect rule sense shew sins soul South speak spirit stand sure things thought true truth understanding universal vice virtue whole wisdom worship
304. oldal - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
88. oldal - I seen also under the sun, and it seemed great unto me: there was a little city, and few men within it; and there came a great king against it, and besieged it, and built great bulwarks against it: now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man.
303. oldal - For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
303. oldal - And the LORD said unto him, Away, get thee down, and thou shalt come up, thou, and Aaron with thee : but let not the priests and the people break through to come up unto the LORD, lest he break forth upon them.
314. oldal - And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man: yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
434. oldal - And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.
89. oldal - ... now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man. Then said I, "Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
cxl. oldal - Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
69. oldal - Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt . And he set the one in Beth-el, and the other put he in Dan.