Sacred Biography, Or, The History of the Patriarchs: To which is Added the History of Deborah, Ruth, and Hannah, Being a Course of Lectures Delivered at the Scots Church, London Wall, 3. kötet
T. Simpson, 1806
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Sacred Biography, Or, the History of the Patriarchs: To Which Is Added the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
Sacred Biography, Or, the History of the Patriarchs: To Which Is Added, the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according affection appear become behold blessing blood Boaz body bring character child Christ comfort command conduct dead death divine duty earth eternal event evil excellent eyes faith father feel female give glory grace hand Hannah happy hath head hear heart heaven holy honor hope human importance instruction interest Israel judge judgment kind king labor land light live look Lord lost means meet mind Moses mother Mount nature never object observe once pass peace perfect person possession praise present prophet Providence reason religion respect Ruth sacred sense sons soul speak spirit stand strength tender thee things thou thousand throne tion tribe truth turn unto virtue whole wisdom wise woman
ii. oldal - And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole : and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
xiii. oldal - He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory, for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.
257. oldal - The mother of Sisera looked out at a window, and cried through the lattice, Why is his chariot so long in coming ? Why tarry the wheels of his chariots...
33. oldal - And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people ; and much people of Israel died.
90. oldal - Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
iv. oldal - And the Lord said unto him, This is the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, saying, I will give it unto thy seed : I have caused thee to see it with thine eyes, but thou shalt not go over thither.
v. oldal - And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering. 30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: 31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.
195. oldal - And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof. And the rib which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
36. oldal - Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness. And for his wonderful works to the children of men!
91. oldal - For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.