Mirror of Calvinistic Fanatical Revivals: Or Jedediah Burchard & Co. During a Protracted Meeting of Twenty-six Days, in Woodstock, Vt. : to which is Added the "Preamble and Resolution" of the Town, Declaring Said Burchard a Nuisance to Society
N. Haskell, 1835 - 120 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Mirror of Calvinistic Fanatical Revivals: Or Jedediah Burchard and Co ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
according Almighty answer anxious appearance believe Bible bring Burchard called chapter child christians Church comes congregation converted course damned death decreed devil discourse divine doctrine dollars don't elect eternal hell evidence excitement eyes feel friends give given glory hand happy Hark hear heard heart heaven hold Holy Ghost hundred immortal inquire Jesus Christ keep labor laugh look manner matter means measures meeting mentioned mind minister miserable murderer never opposed persons possible pray prayer preach preacher present profess prove question reader reason receive regard religion remarks reply request revival rise salvation saved Scriptures seats sent sermon sinners soon souls speak suffer suppose tell thing thousand tion told took towns Trinity true truth Universalist whole Woodstock worse young
35. oldal - A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof (Jer.5:22-31).
26. oldal - Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
53. oldal - I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
26. oldal - In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. For an Angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
103. oldal - He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
65. oldal - The beauty of Israel is slain upon thy high places : how are the mighty fallen ! Tell it not in Gath, publish it not in the streets of Askelon ; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice, lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.
36. oldal - Repent ye therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord...
74. oldal - Elijah mocked them, and said: Cry aloud, for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is on a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth and must be awaked.
78. oldal - O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united! For in their anger they slew a man, and in their self-will they digged down a wall. Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce, and their wrath, for it was cruel. I will divide them in Jacob and scatter them in Israel.