Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ABNER KNEELAND apostle appear believe Bible Branch and Christian brethren called cause character Christian Inquirer church conscience creed death declared Deist divine doctrine Editor efir Elias Hicks eternal evidence evil existence extract fact faith Father fear feel fiat Friends future punishment give gospel Grosh happiness heart heaven hell holy hope Hosea Ballou human Jesus Christ Jews Kneeland labor language letter liberal liberal christianity liberty light Lord mankind means mind ministers misery moral nations nature never New-York object Olive Branch opinions orthodox Pearl-street person Pharisees preach present priests principles profess prove published Quakers readers reason received religion religious respect Sabbath salvation scriptures sects sentiments sermon society soul speak spirit subscribers suppose Testament thing thou tion true truth Unitarians Universalist unto word worship writings Yearly Meeting
135. oldal - Out of the bowels of the harmless earth, Which many a good tall fellow had destroy'd So cowardly ; and, but for these vile guns. He would himself have been a soldier.
22. oldal - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are : for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret ; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
353. oldal - Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared...
152. oldal - I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
59. oldal - Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take; The clouds ye so much dread Are big with mercy, and shall break In blessings on your head.
378. oldal - Where all the ruddy family around Laugh at the jests or pranks that never fail, Or sigh with pity at some mournful tale ; Or press the bashful stranger to his food, And learn the luxury of doing good.
202. oldal - These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
87. oldal - And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily, I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.
39. oldal - But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak : for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.