Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affection animals appears bearings beauty behold benevolence body carried character Christian church comfort command conduct connected consequences considered contemplate creation Creator death delight desire destruction directed displayed dispositions divine duty earth endeavour enjoy enjoyment eternal evil exercise exhibited existence eyes facts feel future globe glory hand happiness harmony heart heaven holy human illustrate important improvement influence inhabitants instructions intellectual intelligent kind knowledge labour land lead least light living Lord mankind manner means ment mind misery moral nature neighbour never numerous objects operations parents passions peace perfection persons physical practice precepts present principle produced promote Providence race ranks rational reason reference regard regions relation religion religious respect says scenes society spirit thing thou thousand tion train tribes truth universe various violated whole wisdom
165. oldal - But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
215. oldal - What though, in solemn silence, all Move round the dark terrestrial ball; What though no real voice nor sound Amid their radiant orbs be found; In reason's ear they all rejoice, And utter forth a glorious voice, For ever singing as they shine, The hand that made us is divine.
169. oldal - Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
60. oldal - How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God ! How great is the sum of them ! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand. When I awake, I am still with thee.
165. oldal - Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven...
169. oldal - Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour ; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
399. oldal - And all that believed were together, and had all things common ; and sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
170. oldal - Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
209. oldal - To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number; he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
240. oldal - Have ye not read that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, 'For this cause shall a man leave father and mother and shall cleave to his wife; and they twain shall be one flesh'? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.