The Apostolic Liturgy and the Epistle to the Hebrews: Being a Commentary on the Epistle in Its Relation to the Holy Eucharist : with Appendices on the Liturgy of the Primitive Church
Rivingtons, 1882 - 691 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Apostolic Liturgy and the Epistle to the Hebrews: Being a Commentary on ...
John Edward Field
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
according allusion already angels Apostle appears argument beginning blessing Blood Body bread bring called chapter Christ Christian Church clause closely coming Compare conclusion connection contrast corresponds covenant death described Divine earth enter Epistle eternal Eucharist expressions faith Father follows gifts give given glory grace Greek hand hath heart heaven heavenly Hebrews High Priest Holy hope Hymn implies introduced Isaiah James Jesus latter Liturgy living look Lord meaning mention mind Moses Name natural notice Oblation observe occurs offer opening parallel partakers passage Paul Paul's peace perfect praise prayer present Priest primitive promise Psalm quoted receive referred rendered Rest rite Sacrifice says seen sense sins soul speaks Spirit suggested Thee things Thou thought true unto Veil verse Version Wisdom words worship writes
632. oldal - When he made a decree for the rain, And a way for the lightning of the thunder : Then did he see it, and declare it ; He prepared it, yea, and searched it out. And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom ; And to depart from evil is understanding.
652. oldal - Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended ? who hath gathered the wind in his fists ? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth ? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell ? 5 Every word of God is pure : he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
473. oldal - Thou sittest at the right hand of God in the glory of the Father. We believe that thou shalt come to be our Judge. We therefore pray thee help thy servants whom thou hast redeemed with thy precious blood.
650. oldal - For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
26. oldal - And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again ; as it is also written in the second Psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
255. oldal - For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me...
302. oldal - By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house ; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
625. oldal - Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed : thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation.
503. oldal - For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.