Original Thoughts on Various Passages of Scripture: Being the Substance of Sermons Preached by the Late Rev. Richard Cecil, A.M. Never Before Published
R. Carter & brothers, 1849 - 452 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Original Thoughts on Various Passages of Scripture: Being the Substance of ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2014
affliction answer appear bear become behold believer blessed bring brought called character Christ Christian Church comfort coming consider creature cross darkness death desire disciples Divine earth enemies enter eternal evil eyes faith Father fear feel flesh follow give given glory God's Gospel grace hand hast hath head hear heart heaven hold Holy honor hope inquire instructed Jesus John king lead light live look Lord Master means meet mind nature never night object pass Paul peace poor pray prayer present privilege promise receive religion rest saith salvation Satan Saviour Scripture seek sent sinner soul speak Spirit stand suffering taken taught teach tell temptation thee things thou true truth turn unto walk whole
269. oldal - I am Alpha and. Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
265. oldal - For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us, that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world ; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people zealous of good works.
192. oldal - Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, Saith the Lord of hosts: Smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered : And I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
104. oldal - And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God...
91. oldal - Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God : therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God...
195. oldal - But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that 1 am baptized with ? They say unto Him, We are able. And He saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with...
267. oldal - Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things...
400. oldal - The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them. Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters.
154. oldal - Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.