Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Anaxagoras answer Aristotle Athenian become believe belong body book of Proverbs Brahmin called character Christian connected contemplation daemons dialectics dialogue disciples discover distinct divine doctrine doubt earth Egyptian Epictetus Epicurus eternal ethics evidently evil existence fact faculty faith feel felt Gnosticism gods Greek ground habits heart Hebrew Heraclitus Hindoo human idea inquiries Khoung-fou-tseu kind king knowledge Kreeshna light living matter meaning Meng-tseu merely metaphysical mind moral nature notion object opinion Ormuzd Parmenides perceived Persian philosophy philosophy physical Plato Plotinus Plutarch political Porphyry practical priest principle Proclus purpose Pyrrho Pythagoras question readers reason recognised relation respecting reverence sage seek seems sense society Socrates Sophist soul speak speculations spirit Stoicism substance suppose teacher teaching Thales Thee theurgy things thou thought tion Trajan treatise true truth unity virtue whole wisdom wise words worship Xenophanes Zerduscht
369. oldal - For the corruptible body presseth down the soul, and the earthly tabernacle weigheth down the mind that museth upon many things.
22. oldal - When he gave to the sea his decree that the waters should not pass his commandment. When he appointed the foundations of the earth., then I was by him, as one brought up with him, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him, rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth, and my delights were with the sons of men.
22. oldal - The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth ; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth : while as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
367. oldal - Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars: Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl: Kings of the earth, and all people; princes and all judges of the earth: Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children: Let them praise the name of the Lord: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
17. oldal - God, thou that art the God of my health : and my tongue shall sing of thy righteousness.
22. oldal - I was there: when He set a compass upon the face of the depth: when He established the clouds above: when He strengthened the fountains of the deep: when He gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when He appointed the foundations of the earth: then I was by Him, as One brought up with Him...
622. oldal - Paul, concerning the putting off of the old man, and the putting on of the new.
656. oldal - For nought so vile that on the earth doth live But to the earth some special good doth give, Nor aught so good but strain'd from that fair use Revolts from true birth, stumbling on abuse: Virtue itself turns vice, being misapplied; And vice sometimes by action dignified.
366. oldal - And being thence admonished to return to myself, I entered even into my inward self, Thou being my Guide: and able I was, for Thou wert become my Helper. And I entered and beheld with the eye of my soul, (such as it was,) above the same eye of my soul, above my mind, the Light Unchangeable.