An Historical Account of the Controversies that Have Been in the Church, Concerning the Doctrine of the Holy and Everblessed Trinity: In Eight Sermons, Preached at the Cathedral-church of St. Paul, London, in the Years 1723 and 1724. At the Lecture Founded by the Worthy Lady Moyer, Deceased
T. Ward and C. Rivington at the Bible and Crown, 1725 - 438 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
afterwards againſt Antioch Apollinarians apud Arianiſm Arians Arius aſſerted Athanaſ Athanaſius baniſhment baptiſm Baſil becauſe beſides Biſhop Catholicks cauſe Chriſt Chriſtians Church confeſſion conſiderable Conſtant Conſtantinople Conſtantius controverſy council creed Cyril diſpute diſtinét divine doćtrine Eaſt Eaſtern Emperor Epheſ Epiſt Euſeb Euſebius Eutyches Eutychian expreſs expreſſions faith Father firſt fleſh Greg hereſy hereticks himſelf Hiſt Hiſtory Holy Ghoſt ibid inſerted laſt leaſt leſs likewiſe moſt muſt Neſtorius Nicene creed º º obſerve occaſion oppoſed oppoſition perſecution perſons preſent purpoſe reaſon repreſent reſpect rºy Sabellian ſaid ſame ſay ſcheme ſecond ſeems ſelf ſenſe ſentiments ſeparate SERM ſeveral ſhould ſide ſince ſº Socinian Socrat ſome ſometimes ſon ſoon Sozom ſpeaks ſtate ſtill ſubſcribe ſubſtance ſuch ſuppoſed ſupra ſynod Tertul themſelves Theod ther theſe thoſe Trinity underſtood uſe whilſt word worſhip zºº
7. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
6. oldal - Do ye thus requite the Lord, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee ? hath he not made thee, and established thee...
438. oldal - ... looking for that bleffed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Saviour Jefus Chrift...
81. oldal - swearing by the most high God ; the great, immortal, celestial Son of the Father ; the Spirit, proceeding from the Father; one of three, and three of one.
434. oldal - the weapons of their spiritual warfare, by which they do cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of GOD, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of CHRIST,
270. oldal - ... certain it is that there is much in the character of the present times which strongly resembles this. Teachers of all sorts are multiplied as they never were before, and they teach all sorts of things in the shape and name of religion, and great numbers are ready to run after them, carried about by every wind of doctrine, ever learning, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
68. oldal - Him ? were all things made, the Father and the Son being one. And, the Son being in the Father and the Father in the Son...