Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according acid action added adulterated alcohol ammonia amount animal appear appointed average become Board body boiling called carbonic carried cause cent colour common composition consists contains deaths disease disinfectant district drains effect employed England examination exist expenses extract fact feet fever give given Government Board grains gravity heat hospital important inches increase iron kind known lead less lime liquid matter means meat milk mixed nature nitrogen notice nuisance observed obtained officer organic passed period person poison portion potash present principal produced Public Health Act quantity removed respect salt sanitary authority sewage sewers soluble solution specific starch substance sugar sulphuric taken temperature tion towns urban various weight whole
192. oldal - drain" shall mean and include any drain of and used for the drainage of one building only, or premises within the same curtilage, and made merely for the purpose of communicating therefrom, with a cesspool or other like receptacle for drainage, or with a sewer into which the drainage of two or more buildings or premises occupied by different persons is conveyed : The word " sewer" shall mean and include sewers and drains of every description, except drains to which the word
479. oldal - ... rates and taxes, and tithe com mutation rentcharge (if any), and deducting therefrom the probable average annual cost of the repairs, insurance, and other expenses (if any) necessary to maintain the same in a state to command such rent...
21. oldal - Where the drug or food is a proprietary medicine, or is the subject of a patent in force, and is supplied in the state required by the specification of the patent ; (3.) Where the food or drug is compounded as in this Act mentioned ; (4.) Where the food or drug is unavoidably mixed with some extraneous matter in the process of collection or preparation.
404. oldal - Any pool, ditch, gutter, watercourse, privy, urinal, cesspool, drain, or ashpit so foul or in such a state as to be a nuisance or injurious to health :
404. oldal - For the purposes of this act, 1. any premises in such a state as to be a nuisance or injurious to health; 2.
370. oldal - ... and whenever it appears to him that the intervention of such officer is necessary in consequence of the existence of any nuisance injurious to health, or of any overcrowding in a house, he shall forthwith inform the medical officer thereof.
21. oldal - No person shall mix, colour, stain, or powder, or order or permit any other person to mix, colour, stain, or powder any article of food with any ingredient or material so as to render the article injurious to health, with intent that the same may be sold in that state...
329. oldal - The court-leet, or view of frankpledge,(x) which is a court of record, held once in the year, and not oftener,(^) within a particular hundred, lordship, or manor, before the steward of the leet: being the king's court, granted by charter to the lords of those hundreds or manors.
537. oldal - Sewer includes sewers and drains of every description except drains to which the word drain interpreted as aforesaid applies, and except drains in or under the control of any authority having the management of roads, and not being a local authority under this Act.
370. oldal - He shall enter from day to day, in a book to be provided by the sanitary authority, particulars of his inspections and of the action taken by him in the execution of his duties. He shall also keep a book or books, to be provided by the sanitary authority, so arranged as to form, as far as possible, a continuous record of the sanitary condition of each of the premises in respect of •which any action...