Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid animal appears attempt attention become body called cause character Christ Christian church circumstances common complete consequence considerable considered consist contains course described direction divine doctrines duty earth effect English equal established evidence excellent existence express fact feel force former give given gospel hand human illustrated important interesting kind knowledge language late learned less letters light living Lord manner matter means mind moral motion nature never object observations opinion original performance perhaps person practice present principles probably produced published readers reason received regard relating religion religious remarkable respect round seems sermon spirit sufficient supposed thing thought tion translated traveller true truth various volume whole writer
724. oldal - And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
752. oldal - I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
1158. oldal - But there is yet a liberty unsung By poets, and by senators unpraised, Which monarchs cannot grant, nor all the powers Of Earth and Hell confederate take away : A liberty, which persecution, fraud, Oppression, prisons have no power to bind ; Which whoso tastes can be enslaved no more.
1017. oldal - FOR THE WORD OF GOD IS QUICK AND POWERFUL, AND % SHARPER THAN ANY TWO EDGED SWORD, PIERCING EVEN TO THE DIVIDING ASUNDER OF SOUL AND SPIRIT, AND OF THE JOINTS AND MARROW, AND IS 'A DISCERNER OF THE THOUGHTS AND INTENTS OF THE HEART.
963. oldal - Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
1060. oldal - By conquering this new world, compels me now To do, what else, though damn'd, I should abhor.
688. oldal - A Series of Discourses on the Principles of Religious Belief, as connected with Human Happiness and Improvement.
1152. oldal - Whereas, it has pleased Almighty God to subdue to the dominion, use, and comfort of man, the strength and faculties of many useful animals, and to provide others for his food ; and/ whereas the abuse of that dominion, by cruel and oppressive treatment of such animals, is not only highly unjust and immoral, but most pernicious in its example, having an evident tendency to harden the heart against the natural feelings of humanity.
649. oldal - Whereas, the late earl of Argyle is, by the providence of God, fallen into our power, it is our will and pleasure that you take all ways to know from him those things which concern our government most, as his assisters with men, arms, and money, his associates and correspondents, his designs, &c.