Daily lessons on the life of our Lord on earth, in the words of the Evangelists, with a short exposition, by C.J. Cowley-Brown, 2. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Acts already answered appear authority become beginning believe blind called Christ Christian Church claim coming commandment Compare concerning dead death Disciples Divine earth enter evil expression eyes faith Father follow former friends give given glory hand hath hear heard heart Heaven Holy hour Jerusalem Jesus Jews John judge King kingdom knew Lazarus light look Lord Lord's Luke manner Mark Master Matt Matthew means mind miracle nature never notes Observe once original parable pass Pharisees Plain pray prayer present Prophet question reason received reference repeats rich say unto seems sense sent servants sheep speaks spirit spoken SUBJECT-continued teaching tell Temple thee things thou thought tion took Trench true truth turn viii words
115. oldal - In that day, he which shall be upon the house-top, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot's wife. Whosoever shall seek to save his life, shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life, shall preserve it.
487. oldal - So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these ? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord ; thou knowest that I love thee.
248. oldal - And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, "Verily I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: for all they did cast in of their abundance ; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her...
166. oldal - But he answered one of them and said, 'Friend, I do thee no wrong. Didst not thou agree with me for a penny? Take that thine is, and go thy way; I will give unto this last even as unto thee. Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?' "So the last shall be first, and the first last; for many be called, but few chosen.
241. oldal - But be not ye called Rabbi, for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth : for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased ; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
245. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites ! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith : these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites ! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
447. oldal - Then she runneth and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
77. oldal - If any man come to me and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple, And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
222. oldal - Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, •The stone which the builders rejected, The same is become the head of the corner: This is the Lord's doing, And it is marvellous in our eyes?
143. oldal - When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, and said, Where have ye laid him?