Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ACROSTIC Agamemnon aint Alphonse Apocopate asked Aunt baby beautiful Beltira birds Bobby Shaftoe Bogie called Cathern Cepheus child Christmas Cock Robin constellation cried Dear St dipper door Dorothy Patten dress Elizabeth Eliza eyes face fairy father feet Florie flowers frog give glad gnome Hampton Court Palace hand happy head heard heart horse Jacob Joe Berry Katinka king knew lady laughed leave letter little boys little girl live looked Mabel mamma morning Mother Mitchel never nice Nicholas night Nona papa Pattikin Percy Peterkin picture Pierotte Pinkey poor pretty round Santa Claus seemed smile snow Solomon John soon stars stood story syncopate tart tell things Thirza thought told took tree turned Ursa Minor walk winter wish wonderful wood word young
72. oldal - Now stir the fire, and close the shutters fast, Let fall the curtains, wheel the sofa round, And while the bubbling and loud-hissing urn Throws up a steamy column, and the cups That cheer but not inebriate, wait on each, So let us welcome peaceful evening in.
364. oldal - The wonderful air is over me, And the wonderful wind is shaking the tree; It walks on the water and whirls the mills, And talks to itself on the top of the hills.
367. oldal - Modest and shy as a nun is she ; One weak chirp is her only note ; Braggart, and prince of braggarts is he, Pouring boasts from his little throat, Bob-o'-link, bob-o'-link, Spink, spank, spink, Never was I afraid of man, Catch me, cowardly knaves, if you can. Chee, chee, chee.
72. oldal - Announced by all the trumpets of the sky, Arrives the snow, and, driving o'er the fields, Seems nowhere to alight : the whited air Hides hills and woods, the river and the heaven, And veils the farm-house at the garden's end. The sled and traveller stopped, the courier's feet Delayed, all friends shut out, the housemates sit Around the radiant fireplace, enclosed In a tumultuous privacy of storm.
66. oldal - Ring out, ye crystal spheres, Once bless our human ears, If ye have power to touch our senses so, And let your silver chime Move in melodious time ; And let the base of Heaven's deep organ blow ; And, with your ninefold harmony, Make up full consort to the angelic symphony.
58. oldal - Monday's child is fair of face/ Tuesday's child is full of grace/ Wednesday's child is full of woe/ Thursday's child has far to go...
65. oldal - So fair to be seen. Love and joy come to you. And to your wassail too, And God bless you, and send you A Happy New Year ! We are not daily beggars. That beg from door to door : But we are neighbours' children, Whom you have seen before.
71. oldal - ... streams. And dim receding valleys, hid before By interposing trees, lay visible Through the bare grove, and my familiar haunts Seemed new to me. Nor was I slow to come Among them, when the clouds from their still skirts Had shaken down on earth the feathery snow, And all was white. The pure keen air abroad, Albeit it breathed no scent of herb, nor heard Love-call of bird nor merry hum of bee, Was not the air of death.
364. oldal - The cock is crowing, The stream is flowing, The small birds twitter, The lake doth glitter, The green field sleeps in the sun; The oldest and youngest Are at work with the strongest; The cattle are grazing, Their heads never raising; There are forty feeding like one! Like an army defeated The Snow hath retreated, And now doth fare ill On the top of the bare hill...