Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
admire againſt appear Author bear becauſe become believe beſt better Body Brain bring comes commended common conſider Divines draw equal fall fame Fancy farther firſt Folly fome Fools Friends fuch give Gods greater greateſt Hand Happineſs happy Head Heaven himſelf Holy Humour Judgment keep Kings laſt laugh Learning leaſt leſs live look Lord Love Madneſs mean ment Method Mind moſt muſt Name Nature never Obſervation Occaſions otherwiſe Paul perhaps Perſons Place Play Pleaſure Poets preſent pretend Princes prove Reaſon Relation Religion reſpective ſame Saviour ſay ſcarce Scrip ſee ſeem Senſe ſet ſeveral ſhall ſhort ſhould ſince ſome Soul ſpeak Spirit ſtand Subject ſuch Sword tell themſelves theſe Things thoſe thought tion Title true Truth turn underſtand whereas whereof whole whoſe Wife Wiſdom Wiſe World
69. oldal - The next to be placed among the regiment of fools are such as make a trade of telling or inquiring after incredible stories of miracles and prodigies : never doubting that a lie will choke them, they will muster up a thousand several strange relations of spirits, ghosts, apparitions, raising of the devil, and such like bugbears of superstition, which the farther they are from being probably true, the more greedily they are swallowed, and the more devoutly believed. And...
100. oldal - ... experience in the world, had spent the last twenty of them only in drudging to conquer the criticisms of grammar, and made it the chief part of his prayers, that his life might be so long spared till he had learned how rightly to distinguish betwixt the eight parts of speech, which no grammarian, whether Greek or Latin, had yet accurately done.
114. oldal - Paul, who in other's judgment is no less the chief of the apostles, than he was in his own the chief of sinners, who being bred at the feet of Gamaliel, was certainly more eminently a scholar than any of the rest, yet he often exclaims against vain philosophy, warns us from doting about...
110. oldal - ... of Omnipotence in the creation of the universe; they will explain the precise manner of original sin being derived from our first parents; they will satisfy you in what manner, by what degrees, and in how long a time, our...
85. oldal - ... any comprehensive knowledge of them : hence the sect of academic philosophers have modestly resolved, that all things being no more than probable, nothing can be known as certain; or if there could, yet would it but interrupt and abate from the pleasure of a more happy ignorance.
110. oldal - Father, and his virgin mother? whether this proposition is possible to be true, the first person of the Trinity hated the second? whether God, who took our nature upon him in the form of a man, could as well have become a woman, a devil, a beast, a herb, or a stone?
162. oldal - ... they had not so much as shoes to defend their feet from the injuries of flints and thorns, or a scrip to carry a meal's meat in ; and when they had answered that they lacked nothing, he adds, But now he that hath a purse let him take it, and likewise a scrip ; and he that hath no sword let him sell his garment, and buy one.
172. oldal - And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the Lord, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O Lord, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.
123. oldal - ... speaking of. Some are so obstinately superstitious that they will wear their upper garment of some coarse dog's hair stuff, and that next their skin as soft as silk : but others on the contrary will have linen frocks outermost, and their shirts of wool, or hair. Some again will not touch a piece of money, though they make no scruple of the sin of drunkenness, and the lust of the flesh.