Aaliyah: More Than a Woman
Simon and Schuster, 2002. jan. 26. - 208 oldal
Don’t miss the inspirational biography behind the exciting new Lifetime movie Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B, starring Alexandra Shipp as the extraordinary singer Aaliyah.
Aaliyah Dana Haughton was that music business rarity: a teen idol who transformed herself into a critically acclaimed hip-hop soul artist, a singer who successfully made the transition to actress, and a beautiful woman who never let the trappings of celebrity go to her head. Following her impressive debut at age fourteen with the album Age Ain’t Nothin’ but a Number, Aaliyah raised the bar with her hugely influential and bestselling follow-up, One in a Million. She then took her talents to Hollywood, starring in the action thriller Romeo Must Die and the highly anticipated horror film The Queen of the Damned. But soon after the release of her third album in the summer of 2001, Aaliyah’s life was cut short in a tragic plane crash.
Here is the inspirational story of the star The Washington Post dubbed “Hip-Hop’s Lady Di”—a woman who, by the time of her death at age twenty-two, touched legions of fans around the world with her haunting voice and gentle spirit.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aaliyah Aaliyah told acting actors African American Ain’t Akasha album Alicia Keys alt-rock Aunt Diane awards shows Bahamas beautiful Blackground Britney Spears career celebrity cool crash Damned Damon Dash dance Destiny’s Child Detroit diva emotional entertainment Erykah Badu fans fashion feel film friends gangsta girl going gonna Guskin Hankerson hard helped hip-hop Hollywood Hunter interview Jay-Z Jomo Kelly knew Knowles Lauryn Hill live look magazine married Million Missy Elliott Motown movie music industry musicians Need a Resolution neosoul Neosoul artists never night once one’s Penagaricano performers play pop music producer Queen R.Kelly radio rappers Rashad record rock Romeo Romeo Must Die says Rymer scene seemed sexy singer singing song soul sound star Stevie Wonder street studio style superstar talent talked There’s thing Timbaland vampire Vibe vocals voice wanted what’s Whitney Houston woman women York young
4. oldal - But soon we shall die and all memory of those five will have left the earth, and we ourselves shall be loved for a while and forgotten. But the love will have been enough; all those impulses of love return to the love that made them. Even memory is not necessary for love. There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning.
96. oldal - For thou wilt lie upon the wings of night Whiter than new snow upon a raven's back. 20 Come, gentle night; come, loving, black-brow'd night; Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night 25 And pay no worship to the garish sun.
39. oldal - It is only the man whose intellect is clouded by his sexual impulses that could give the name of the fair sex to that undersized, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped, and short-legged race: for the whole beauty of the sex is bound up with this impulse. Instead of calling them beautiful, there would be more warrant for describing women as the unaesthetic sex.
196. oldal - But you here — you all had something out of life: money, love — whatever one gets on shore — and, tell me, wasn't that the best time, that time when we were young at sea; young and had nothing, on the sea that gives nothing, except hard knocks — and sometimes a chance to feel your strength — that only — what you all regret?
57. oldal - The Negro writer in the United States has always had — has been forced to have in spite of himself — two audiences, one black, one white. And, as long has been America's dilemma, seldom "the twain shall meet." The fence between the two audiences is the color bar which in reality stretches around the world. Writers who feel they must straddle this fence, perforce acquire a split personality. Writers who do not care whether they straddle the fence of color or not, are usually the best writers,...
54. oldal - The colonized man who writes for his people ought to use the past with the intention of opening the future, as an invitation to action and a basis for hope.
41. oldal - I'm the famous one, the one who's supposed to know everything, but she's my teacher. She's taught me everything I fucking know. She was there when I was nowhere, when I was the nowhere man.
196. oldal - By all that's wonderful it is the sea, I believe, the sea itself — or is it youth alone? Who can tell? But you here — you all had something out of life: money, love — whatever one gets on shore — and, tell me, wasn't that the best time, that...
39. oldal - Girls begin to talk and to stand on their feet sooner than boys because weeds always grow up more quickly than good crops.