Mahometanism Unveiled: An Inquiry, in which that Arch-heresy, Its Diffusion and Continuance, are Examined on a New Principle, Tending to Confirm the Evidences, and Aid the Propagation, of the Christian Faith, 2. kötet
J. Duncan and J. Cochran, 1829 - 427 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham ancient appear Arabian Arabs Asia belief BIBLE called cause century character Christ Christian church civilization common Compare connection correspondence crusades direct divine doctrine earth East effects empire equally established Europe evidence example existence fact faith Fall Gibbon give Gospel Greek hand hath heaven Hist holy horn important influences Ishmael Italy Jews knowledge Koran learned light Lord Mahomet Mahometanism marks mind moral nature Note object observes origin parallel passage perfect period philosophy practical present principles progress proof prophecy prophetic providential question reader relation religion religious remarkable respecting Roman Rome Saracens schools Scripture sects seems Spain spirit success thee things thou tion tradition tribes true truth universal unto wars whole writers
429. oldal - The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah ; all they from Sheba shall come : they shall bring gold and incense ; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD.
29. oldal - For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good Word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
423. oldal - Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
447. oldal - And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand ; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
59. oldal - Not so, lest there be not enough for us and you; but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
65. oldal - For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
91. oldal - And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.
57. oldal - And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; and should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.