Scripture and science not at variance; or, The historical character and plenary inspiration of the earlier chapters of Genesis unaffected by the discoveries of science
Thomas Hatchard, 1856 - 75 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Scripture and Science Not at Variance: Or, the Historical Character and ...
John Henry Pratt
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
Scripture and Science Not at Variance; Or, the Historical Character and ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
according Acts actually Adam ages appear argument authority beginning believe bring brought called Chapters communicating created creation creatures difference difficulties discoveries Divine doubt earth error etiam evidence examples existence eyes fact false firmament flesh formed fourth garden gathered Genesis geology give given globe ground hand heaven Hebrew Holy Scripture human ideas ignorance Inspiration instance interpretation kind land language laws learned light living Lord mass matters meaning ments mind Moses natural never night notions observation occurs once original passage philosophers prejudice present quæ question quod quoted races reason received records referred regarding rest Science scientific Scrip Scripture separation shalt side six days speak Spirit supposed things thou thought tion translated tree true truth universal unto waters whole woman writers
17. oldal - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2. And the earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep ; and the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3. And God said, Let there be light; and there was light.
25. oldal - And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life...
25. oldal - And the Lord God said, Behold the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil...
24. oldal - And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked ? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat ? And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
23. oldal - Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
17. oldal - And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
18. oldal - And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night ; and let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days,
18. oldal - And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
20. oldal - And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer...