The Whole Book of Psalms, in Metre: With Hymns, Suited to the Feasts and Fasts of the Church, and Other Occasions of Public Worship
Massachusetts Episcopal Missionary Society, 1828 - 364 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Whole Book of Psalms, in Metre: With Hymns, Suited to the Feasts and ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
adore Almighty appear attend behold blessed blood bring cheerful commands constant crowned darkness death deep defend designs display distress divine dreadful dwell earth eternal eyes face faith Father fear foes give glorious glory grace gracious grateful hand happy hast head hear heart heaven heavenly hills holy hopes hosts humble HYMN Jesus join keep King land laws light live Lord mercy mighty mind mourn never night o'er once oppressed passed paths peace praise prayer proclaim PSALM race raise reign rest righteous rise round sacred safe saints Saviour secure seek servant sing sinners sins songs soon soul Spirit spread stand strength thee thine thou thou hast thoughts throne thy name tongue triumph trust truth turn voice Whilst wicked wondrous wrath
231. oldal - Ye fearful saints ! fresh courage take; The clouds ye so much dread Are big with mercy, and shall break In blessings on your head.
281. oldal - People and realms, of every tongue, Dwell on his love with sweetest song ; And infant voices shall proclaim Their early blessings on his name. 4 Blessings abound where'er he reigns ; The prisoner leaps to burst his chains, The weary find eternal rest, And all the sons of want are blest.
311. oldal - BEFORE Jehovah's awful throne, Ye nations ! bow with sacred joy ; Know that the Lord is God alone ; He can create, and he destroy.
299. oldal - APPROACH, my soul, the mercy-seat, Where Jesus answers prayer ; There humbly fall before his feet, For none can perish there. 2 Thy promise is my only plea — With this I venture nigh ; Thou callest burdened souls to thee, And such, O Lord, am I. 3...
299. oldal - PRAYER is the soul's sincere desire Uttered or unexpressed; The motion of a hidden fire That trembles in the breast. Prayer is the burden of a sigh The falling of a tear; The upward glancing of an eye, When none but God is near.
328. oldal - FOR a closer walk with God ! A. calm and heavenly frame ! A light to shine upon the road That leads me to the Lamb...
311. oldal - Jehovah's work begun, When he spake, and it was done. 2 Songs of praise awoke the morn, When the Prince of peace was born ; Songs of praise arose, when he Captive led captivity. 3 Heaven and earth must pass away ; Songs of praise shall crown that day : God will make new heavens and earth ; Songs of praise shall hail their birth.
263. oldal - CHRIST the Lord is risen to-day,' Sons of men and angels say ! Raise your joys and triumphs high, Sing ye heavens, and earth reply.
287. oldal - tis to see A whole assembly worship thee ! At once they sing, at once they pray, They hear of heaven and learn the way. 2 I have been there, and still would go, 'Tis like a little heaven below : Not all my pleasure and my play, Shall tempt me to forget this day.