Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Explanation and Exhortation for Persons of All Ages, in Parochial Lectures ...
James Collett Ebden
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
according already answer Apostles appear baptism baptized beginning believe bishop blessings body bring brought called catechism child Christ Christian church commandments complete confirmation continual covenant Creed doctrine duty earth enter evil explanation expression faith Father feel follow further gift give given God's grace hands hath head heart heaven Holy Ghost hope human institutions instruction Jesus keep knowledge lead lectures look Lord Lord's supper matter means ment mind nature necessary notice obedience object observe once particular persons plain points practice pray prayer present principles profession promise question reason receive regard remember rite sacrament salvation scripture seek sense serve shew souls speak Spirit taught teach thee things thou thought tion trust truth understanding unto whole words young
100. oldal - Sacraments ordained of Christ be not only badges or tokens of Christian men's profession, but rather they be certain sure witnesses, and effectual signs of grace, and God's good will towards us, by the which he doth work invisibly in us, and doth not only quicken, but also strengthen and confirm our Faith in him.
67. oldal - My good Child, know this, that thou art not able to do these things of thyself, nor to walk in the Commandments of God, and to serve him, without his special grace ; which thou must learn at all times to call for by diligent prayer.
14. oldal - Yes verily; and by God's help so I will. And I heartily thank our heavenly Father, that he hath called me to this state of salvation, through Jesus Christ our Saviour. And I pray unto God to give me his grace, that I may continue in the same unto my life's end.
99. oldal - Those five commonly called Sacraments, that is to say, Confirmation, Penance, Orders, Matrimony, and extreme Unction, are not to be counted for Sacraments of the Gospel, being such as have grown partly of the corrupt following of the Apostles, partly are states of life allowed in the Scriptures; but yet have not like nature of Sacraments with Baptism, and the Lord's Supper, for that they have not any visible sign or ceremony ordained of God.
54. oldal - Not to covet nor desire other men's goods ; but to learn and labour truly to get mine own living, and to do my duty in that state of life unto which it shall please God to call me.
39. oldal - First, I learn to believe in God the Father, who hath made me and all the world. Secondly, in God the Son, who hath redeemed me, and all mankind. Thirdly, in God the holy Ghost, who sanctifieth me, and all the elect people of God.
104. oldal - We yield thee hearty thanks, most merciful Father, that it hath pleased thee to regenerate this infant with thy Holy Spirit, to receive him for thine own child by adoption, and to incorporate him into thy Holy Church.
116. oldal - THE Supper of the Lord is not only a sign of the love that Christians ought to have among themselves one to another; but rather it is a Sacrament of our Redemption by Christ's death : insomuch that to such as rightly, worthily, and with faith, receive the same, the Bread which we break is a partaking of the Body of Christ ; and likewise the Cup of Blessing is a partaking of the Blood of Christ.
47. oldal - God's Commandments. Tell me how many there be ? Answer. Ten. Question. Which be they ? Answer. THE same which God spake in the twentieth Chapter of Exodus, saying, I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.