Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appear attention beauty become called cause character church common concern consider continued conversation desire discovered dress effect example excellence fashion fear frequently furnish give half hand happiness hear heart honour hope human improved indulge interest kind knowledge lady learned leave less letter lives look lord manners matter means ment mind moral morning mothers nature never objects obliged observed occasion once opinion passed perhaps person pleased pleasure Podrida politeness poor present proper prove readers reason received reflect religion remarks seems sense short sometimes sufficient suppose thing thought tion travellers true truth turn vice virtue whole wife wish writers young
143. oldal - When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
26. oldal - When I read the several dates of the tombs, of some that died yesterday, and some six hundred years ago, I consider that great day when we shall all of us be contemporaries, and make our appearance together.
134. oldal - While greasy Joan doth keel the pot. When all aloud the wind doth blow, And coughing drowns the parson's saw, And birds sit brooding in the snow, And Marian's nose looks red and raw, When roasted crabs hiss in the bowl, Then nightly sings the staring owl, Tu-whit; Tu-who, a merry note, While greasy Joan doth keel the pot.
148. oldal - She openeth her mouth with wisdom, and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up and call her blessed, her husband also, and he praiseth her.
135. oldal - For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children : That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments...
139. oldal - And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.
147. oldal - She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
26. oldal - When I look upon the tombs of the great, every emotion of envy dies in me ; when I read the epitaphs of the beautiful, every inordinate desire goes out; when I meet with the grief of parents upon a tombstone, my heart melts with compassion ; when I see the tomb of the parents themselves, I consider the vanity of grieving for those whom we must quickly follow.
148. oldal - She is not afraid of the snow for her household, for all her household are clothed with scarlet. She maketh herself coverings of tapestry ; her clothing is silk and purple. Her husband is known in the gates when he sitteth among the elders of the land.