The Glory of Regality: An Historical Treatise of the Anointing and Crowning of the Kings and Queens of England
R. and A. Taylor; sold by Messrs. Payne and Foss [and others], 1820 - 424 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Glory of Regality: An Historical Treatise of the Anointing and Crowning ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
altar Amen anointed antient appears Appendix archbishop arms attended authority bishops bless called ceremony chair chief church claim cloth comes consecrated coronation Cott court cross crown custom delivered Deus duke earl Edward election England English former four France given gold grace hall hand hath head held Henry hold Holinshed holy homage honour John king king's kingdom ladies later laws London lord majesty manner manor notice oath observed original passed peers performed person present prince probably procession queen quod reader received records referred regalia regem regis reign remarkable respect rich Richard royal says sceptre seat served side standing stone succession sword tenure thee thou throne tion unction unto usual Westminster writer
165. oldal - Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God, the true profession of the Gospel, and the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law...
190. oldal - ASSIST us mercifully, O Lord, in these our supplications and prayers, and dispose the way of thy servants towards the attainment of everlasting salvation ; that, among all the changes and chances of this mortal life, they may ever be defended by thy most gracious and ready help; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
23. oldal - And he brought forth the king's son, and put the crown upon him, and gave him the testimony; and they made him king, and anointed him; and they clapped their hands, and said, God save the king.
166. oldal - And will you preserve unto the bishops and " clergy of this realm, and to the churches committed to " their charge, all such rights and privileges as by law do " or shall appertain unto them, or any of them ? — King " or queen. All this I promise to do.
167. oldal - It is very meet, right, and our bounden duty, that we should at all times, and in all places, give thanks unto thee, O Lord, Holy Father, Almighty, Everlasting God.
186. oldal - ... of our Lord Jesus Christ; who, with the Father and the Holy Ghost, liveth and reigneth God for ever and ever. Amen.
187. oldal - For the Lord God is a light and defence : the Lord will give grace and worship, and no good thing shall he withhold from them that live a godly life.
179. oldal - Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity : wherefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. 9 All thy garments smell of myrrh, aloes, and cassia : out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad. 10 Kings...
188. oldal - Bless, O Lord, we beseech thee, these thy gifts, and sanctify them unto this holy use, that by them we may be made partakers of the body and blood of thine only begotten Son Jesus Christ, and fed unto everlasting life of soul and body...