Evangelical Lutheran Intelligencer, 5. kötet
"Containing historical, biographical, and religious memoirs, with essays on the doctrines of Luther, and practical remarks and anecdotes, for the edification of pious persons of all denominations.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears appointed attention authority become believe Bible Bishop blessed brethren called Catholic cause character Christian church congregation continue course death desire direct divine doctrine duty effect error established eternal evidence exist expressed fact faith father feel friends give given Gospel hands hear heart heaven holy hope human important influence institution instruction interest Jesus Christ knowledge labors language late live Lord Luther Lutheran manner means meeting mind ministers Missionary nature never object observed persons prayer preached prepared present priest principles Protestant prove published question readers reason received religion religious remarks respect Roman salvation saved scriptures Society soul spirit suffer Synod things thought tion true truth United whole wish worship young
164. oldal - But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
67. oldal - I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him. Ye shall not respect persons in judgment ; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great : ye shall not be afraid of the face of man ; for the judgment is God's : and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it.
238. oldal - Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
33. oldal - Then Peter said unto them ; Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins ; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
106. oldal - I profess, likewise, that in the Mass there is offered to God a true, proper, and propitiatory sacrifice for the living and the dead : and that in the most holy Sacrament of the Eucharist there is truly, really, and substantially the Body and Blood, together with the Soul and Divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ...
64. oldal - Lives again our glorious King : Where, O death, is now thy sting?
165. oldal - But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned : in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
211. oldal - Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.