Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
amendment applicants appointing officer appointment approved Assistant authority Board capacity cent certified character chief city of Boston Civil Service Act Civil Service rules Class classified clause clerical service coming Clerks Commissioners Common Commonwealth conduct DEPARTMENT designated desirable discharge division dollars duties eligible list employed employment examination experience figures fire fire department fitness five force furnished Give the operation given grade head HEALTH held honorably House hundred included knowledge laborers less limited marked ment names necessary notice operation in full opinion passed permanent person physical police position practicable preference present prison promotion proper public service qualifications questions reason received record regular regulations relation requisition residence rules Schedule Second Secretary SECT selection served standing statement temporary thereof tion United vacancy veterans Watchmen WATER weight whole number writing
53. oldal - ... in the way of conferring upon any person, or in order to secure or aid any person in securing any office or public employment, or any nomination, confirmation, promotion, or increase of salary, upon the consideration or condition that the vote or political influence or action of the last named person, or any other, shall be given or used in behalf of any candidate, officer or party, or upon any other corrupt condition or consideration, shall be deemed guilty of bribery or an attempt at bribery.
55. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.
19. oldal - ... of the United States, and no clerk or employee of any department, branch or bureau of the executive, judicial, or military or naval service of the United States, shall, directly or indirectly, solicit or receive, or be in any manner concerned in soliciting or receiving, any assessment, subscription, or contribution for any political purpose whatever, from any officer, clerk, or employee of the United States...
24. oldal - Persons honorably discharged from the military or naval service by reason of disability resulting from wounds or sickness incurred in the line of duty shall be preferred for appointments to civil offices, provided they are found to possess the business capacity necessary for the proper discharge of the duties of such offices.
81. oldal - Each such special commission shall consist of not less than three nor more than five members, who shall be appointed by the Governor.
53. oldal - ... anticipated in the way of conferring upon any person; or in order to secure or aid any person in securing any office or public employment, or any nomination, confirmation, promotion or increase of salary, upon the consideration or condition that the vote or political influence or action of the last-named person, or any other, shall be given or used in behalf of any candidate...
19. oldal - Fifth, that no person in the public service is for that reason under any obligation to contribute to any political fund, or to render any political service, and that he will not be removed or otherwise prejudiced for refusing to do so.
49. oldal - That no person habitually using intoxicating beverages to excess shall be appointed to, or retained in, any office, appointment, or employment to which the provisions of this act are applicable.
54. oldal - ... corruptly make any false representations concerning the same or concerning the person examined, or who shall willfully and corruptly furnish to any person any special or secret information for the purpose of either improving or injuring the prospects or chances of any person so...
52. oldal - No officer or employee of the United States mentioned in this act shall discharge, or promote, or degrade, or in [any] manner change the official rank or compensation of any other officer or employee, or promise or threaten so to do, for giving or withholding or neglecting to make any contribution of money or other valuable thing for any political purpose.