A Defense of the Bible Against the Charges of Modern Infidelity: Consisting of the Speeches of Elder Jonas Hartzel, Made During a Debate Conducted by Him and Mr. Joseph Barker, in July 1853
Columbian printing Company print., 1854 - 329 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Defense of the Bible Against the Charges Modern of Infidelity: Consisting ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
A Defense of the Bible Against the Charges of Modern Infidelity: Consisting ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
Abraham according answer Apostles argument authority Barker believe Bible blessed called cause character Christianity church claim commanded death discussion divine duties earth evidence existence facts faith father favor feel gave give given Gospel hand happiness Hartzel Heaven honor human hundred infidel influence Jesus Christ Jewish Jews Joseph kind kingdom knowledge land letter light living Lord mankind matter means mind miracles moral Moses nature never objection offer origin perfect person poor present principles promise prophecy Prophets proposition prove question reason received refer regard relations religion respect revealed Roman rule Scriptures servant slavery slaves speak speeches supposed Testament testimony thee things thou thousand tion true truth unto whole witnesses woman writings
289. oldal - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness : for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
182. oldal - Saviour ; knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying ; Where is the promise of his coming ? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
234. oldal - For the poor shall never cease out of the land : therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.
210. oldal - Likewise, .ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life ; that your prayers be not hindered.
122. oldal - Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
130. oldal - And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them : for I am the LORD their God.
233. oldal - When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.
81. oldal - Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee : and I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great ; and thou shalt be a blessing: and I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee : and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
97. oldal - Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you : but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
164. oldal - Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.