Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ancient appeared arms arrived bank beautiful became Bermudas brought called carried cavalier character Cities commander considered Count course court daughter delighted door duchess Duke effect English entered everything eyes fact fancy father feelings felt Fernando fire fortune French gave give given hand head heard heart hundred Indians island keep kind king knew ladies land length light lived looked lost manner means mind morning nature never night object observed once Paris passed person present Prince promise received Regent remained river round seated seemed seen side sister soon sound spirit story things thought tion took trees true turned village visited whole wife wild young youth
308. oldal - Knowledge before — a discovery that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of in our philosophy.
21. oldal - Sweet bird ! thy bower is ever green, Thy sky is ever clear ; Thou hast no sorrow in thy song, No winter in thy year...
94. oldal - I' the commonwealth I would by contraries Execute all things ; for no kind of traffic Would I admit ; no name of magistrate ; Letters should not be known ; riches, poverty, And use of service, none ; contract, succession, Bourn, bound of land, tilth, vineyard, none ; No use of metal, corn, or wine, or oil ; No occupation ; all men idle, all ; And women too, — but innocent and pure ; No sovereignty, — Seb.
26. oldal - In a word, the almighty dollar, that great object of universal devotion throughout our land, seems to have no genuine devotees in these peculiar villages...
94. oldal - All things in common, nature should produce Without sweat or endeavour : treason, felony, Sword, pike, knife, gun, or need of any engine, Would I not have ; but nature should bring forth, Of its own kind, all foison, all abundance, To feed my innocent people.
22. oldal - Pennsylvania epicures ; the rival in unlucky fame of the ortolan ! Wherever he goes, pop ! pop ! pop ! every rusty firelock in the country is blazing away. He sees his companions falling by thousands around him. " Does he take warning, and reform ? Alas, not he ! Incorrigible epicure ! again he wings his flight.
83. oldal - Uttering such dulcet and harmonious breath That the rude sea grew civil at her song And certain stars shot madly from their spheres, To hear the sea-maid's music.
28. oldal - ... of the poorest, I was assured he was one of the merriest and most popular personages in his native village. Compere Martin, as he was commonly called, was the factotum of the place, — sportsman, schoolmaster, and land-surveyor. He could sing, dance, and, above all, play on the fiddle, an invaluable accomplishment in an old French Creole village, for the inhabitants have a hereditary love for balls and fetes. If they work but little, they dance a great deal ; and a fiddle is the joy of their...