Studies in the History of the Book of Common Prayer: The Anglican Reform, the Puritan Innovations, the Elizabethan Reaction, the Caroline Settlement. With Appendices
Rivingtons, 1882 - 259 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accepted appointed beautiful Bishop Blessed Body called Canon Catholic century changes character Christ Christian Church College Common Communion Confession CONTENTS Crown 8vo Dean desire Devotional direction Divine doctrine Ecclesiastical Edition Edward England English especially expressed Faith give given Gospel hands HENRY Holy hope House important influence interest Jesus JOHN King language late learned Liturgy living London Lord Lord's manual marked matter mind minister Mystery Name Notes object Office original Oxford passed points practice Prayer Prayer-book preached present Priest principles Queen question reader received Rector Reformation Religious result REVIEW Revision Revisionists Roman Sacrament Scripture Second selected Sermons Small 8vo spirit suffered taken teaching Testament things third thought tion Translation University volume Waterloo Place whole worship
8. oldal - The Greek Testament: with a critically revised Text; a Digest of Various Readings; Marginal References to verbal and Idiomatic Usage; Prolegomena; and a Critical and Exegetical Commentary. For the Use of Theological Students and Ministers, By HENRY ALFORD, DD, Dean of Canterbury. Vol. I., containing the Four Gospels.
2. oldal - THE ANNOTATED BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER : being an Historical, Ritual, and Theological Commentary on the Devotional System of the Church of England. Edited by the Rev. JOHN HENRY BLUNT, DD 4/0. zis. THE COMPENDIOUS EDITION OF THE ANNOTATED BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER: forming a concise Commentary on the Devotional System of the Church of England.
216. oldal - THE peace of God, which passeth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God, and of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord : And the blessing of God Almighty, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, be amongst you and remain with you always.
214. oldal - God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Maker of all things, Judge of all men ; We acknowledge and bewail our manifold sins and wickedness, which we, from time to time, most grievously have committed, By thought, word, and deed, Against thy Divine Majesty, Provoking most justly thy wrath and indignation against us. We do earnestly repent, And are heartily sorry for these our misdoings ; The remembrance of them is grievous unto us ; The burden of them is intolerable.
25. oldal - Hymns and Poems for the Sick and Suffering. In connexion with the Service for the Visitation of the Sick. Selected from various Authors. Edited by the Rev. THOMAS VINCENT FOSBERY, MA, sometime Vicar of St. Giles's, Reading.
42. oldal - DICTIONARY OF SECTS, HERESIES, ECCLESIASTICAL PARTIES AND SCHOOLS OF RELIGIOUS THOUGHT. By various Writers. Edited by the Rev. JOHN HENRY BLUNT, DD Imperial 8vo.
212. oldal - Sacrament; (for then we spiritually eat the flesh of Christ, and drink his blood; then we dwell in Christ, and Christ in us; we are one with Christ, and Christ with us;) so is the danger great, if we receive the same unworthily.
37. oldal - THE BOOK OF CHURCH LAW. Being an Exposition of the Legal Rights and Duties of the Parochial Clergy and the Laity of the Church of England. Revised by Sir WALTER GF PHILLIMORE, Bart., DCL Crown 8vo.
214. oldal - Almighty God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Maker of all things, Judge of all men ; we acknowledge and bewail our manifold sins and wickedness, which we from time to time most grievously have committed, by thought, word, and deed, against thy Divine majesty, provoking most justly thy wrath and indignation against us.