Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appeared arrived authority Britain British California called Cape Captain carried claims coast of America Columbia command Company consequence considered continent convention course degree of latitude direction discovered discovery east effect engaged English entered establishment examined expedition explored extending extremity formed Fuca furs given Government Gray harbor Hudson's Bay hundred immediately islands Journal July land latitude letter limits London maps means Meares mentioned Mexico miles minutes mouth natives navigator nearly Nootka north Pacific northern northwest coast observed obtained occupied ocean officers Pacific parallel party passage passed period persons Port possession Powers present principal proceeded published reached received regard region remained respecting river Rocky Mountains Russian sailed sent settlement ships shores side situated Sound southern Spain Spaniards Spanish Strait subjects territories tion trade treaty United Vancouver vessels voyage western whole
221. oldal - The line of demarcation between the possessions of the high contracting parties, upon the coast of the continent, and the islands of America to the northwest...
178. oldal - In the discussions to which this interest has given rise, and in the arrangements by which they may terminate, the occasion has been judged proper for asserting as a principle in which the rights, and interests of the United States are involved, that the American continents, by the free and independent condition which they have assumed and maintain, are henceforth not to be considered as subjects for future colonization by any European powers.
221. oldal - It is nevertheless understood that during a term of ten years, counting from the signature of the present Convention, the ships of both Powers, or which belong to their Citizens or Subjects respectively, may reciprocally frequent without any hindrance whatever, the interior seas, gulfs, harbours and creeks upon the Coast mentioned in the preceding Article, for the purpose of fishing and trading with the natives of the country.
222. oldal - ... degree of west longitude shall prove to be at the distance of more than ten marine leagues from the ocean, the limit between the British possessions and the line of coast which is to belong to Russia as above mentioned...
220. oldal - ... the United States hereby cede to his Catholic Majesty, and renounce forever, all their rights, claims, and pretensions to the territories lying west and south of the above described line ; and, in like manner, his Catholic Majesty cedes to the said United States all his rights, claims, and pretensions to any territories east and north of the said line, and for himself, his heirs, and successors, renounces all claim to the said territories forever.
222. oldal - It is also understood, that, for the space of ten years from the signature of the present Convention, the vessels of the two Powers, or those belonging to their respective subjects, shall mutually be at liberty to frequent, without any hindrance whatever, all the inland seas, the gulfs, havens, and creeks on the coast mentioned in Article III for the purposes of fishing and of trading with the natives.
221. oldal - Portland channel, as far as the point of the continent where it strikes the 56th degree of north latitude; from this last-mentioned point, the line of demarcation shall follow the summit of the mountains...
221. oldal - ... from this same commerce permitted by the preceding article, and the two powers engage, reciprocally, neither to sell, nor suffer them to be sold to the natives by their respective citizens and subjects, nor by any person who may be under their authority. It is likewise stipulated that this restriction shall never afford a pretext, nor be advanced, in any case, to authorize either search or detention of the vessels, seizure...
220. oldal - It is moreover agreed that hereafter there shall not be formed by the citizens of the United States, or under the authority of the said States, any establishment upon the Northwest Coast of America, nor in any of the islands adjacent to the north of...
220. oldal - It is agreed that, in any part of the Great Ocean, commonly called the Pacific Ocean, or South Sea, the respective citizens or subjects of the high contracting Powers shall be neither disturbed nor restrained, either in navigation or in fishing, or in the power of resorting to the coasts, upon points which may not already have been occupied, for the purpose of trading with the natives, saving always the restrictions and conditions determined by the following articles.