Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Experiences of a Planter in the Jungles of Mysore
Robert Henry Elliot
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
advantages alluded amongst animal answer arrived asked assert attention authority better called caste causes character Christianity circumstances classes cloth conclusion consider consideration course customs devil difficulty doubt Edition effect English entirely evidence evil exist experience expression fact farmers feeling give given Government habits hand head Hindoo Illustrations India instance institution interesting jungle land least lived looked matter means mention merely mind missionaries morality Munzerabad Mysore native natural neighbours never observed offer officials once opinion original pass perhaps possible present produce question races reader reason regards religion remarks respect result schools seems seen short social society thing thought tiger tion told towns truth Tukaram turned village vols whole
241. oldal - For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things, " that ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication, from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
240. oldal - Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
96. oldal - ... and so surfeited (as I may say) of expressions of kindness and respect, that if a man that lived an age or two ago should return into the world again, he would really want a dictionary to help him to understand his own language, and to know the true intrinsic value of the phrase in fashion ; and would hardly at first believe at what a low rate the highest strains and expressions of kindness imaginable do commonly pass in current payment; and when he should come to understand it, it would be a...
16. oldal - THE EPOCHS OF PAINTING. A Biographical and Critical Essay on Painting and Painters of all Times and many Places. With numerous Illustrations. Demy 8vo, cloth, £1.
174. oldal - Of all vulgar modes of escaping from the consideration of the effect of social and moral influences on the human mind, the most vulgar is that of attributing the diversities of conduct and character to inherent natural differences.
10. oldal - MEREDITH (GEORGE)— MODERN LOVE AND POEMS OF THE ENGLISH ROADSIDE, WITH POEMS AND BALLADS.
282. oldal - If I go along trembling, like a cloud driven by the wind ; have mercy, Almighty, have mercy...
96. oldal - The dialect of conversation is nowadays so swelled with vanity and compliment, and so surfeited (as I may say) of expressions of kindness and respect, that if a man that lived an age or two ago should return into the world again he would really want a dictionary to help him to understand his own language...
18. oldal - ANALYSIS OF ORNAMENT: THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES. An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. With many Illustrations.