A Refutation of Arianism: Or, A Defence of the Plenary Inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, the Supreme Deity of the Son and Holy Ghost, the Atonement ... Etc.; in Reply to Drs. Bruce, Mant, Millar, and Graves. To which is Added, A Defence of Creeds and Confessions
R. Lowry, 1828 - 319 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Refutation of Arianism: Or, a Defence of the Plenary Inspiration of the ...
Pope John Paul, II
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
able absurd according Adam admit angels answer Apostle appears Arian Arminian asserts assures atonement attack believe Bible blessed blood called Calvinism Calvinists charge Christian church command common condemned confessions covenant creature creeds death decree Deity deny divine Doctor doctrine election equal eternal evident existence faith fall Father give given glory Gospel grace greater guilty Holy Holy Ghost human infinite instance Jesus Christ knowledge language learned letters Lord maintain meaning mind moral nature necessary never object obliged opinion original pass perfect person present principles prove question quoted reader reason Redeemer regard represented requires respect rule sacred salvation saved Saviour Scripture sense sins Socinians Spirit suffered suppose Surely teach tell things thou tion true truth universal unto volume whilst whole worship writes
237. oldal - He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob.
158. oldal - As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
237. oldal - Lord: 15 looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; " lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. " For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
114. oldal - The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree ; him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things, and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
126. oldal - For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. "And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
206. oldal - Isaac, (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth,) it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
220. oldal - Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour ? What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction ; and that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory...
70. oldal - And again, when he bringeth in the first-begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
57. oldal - Therefore it is no great thing, if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness ; whose end shall be according to their works.
126. oldal - Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee ; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way ; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.