The Christian's Pocket Companion: Consisting of Select Texts of the New Testament, with Suitable Observations in Prose and Verse for Every Day in the Year. [With a Preface by John Wesley.]
Carmarthen, 1765 - 372 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adore againſt appear becauſe believe bleſſed Blood Body Bread cauſe Children Chriſtian Church Coming Command continually Corruption Death Deſire Devil divine Earth eternal Evil expect Eyes Faith fall Father fear Fire firſt Fleſh follow Fruit Gift give given Glory Grace Grant Hand happy hath hear Heart Heaven Hell himſelf Holineſs holy Hope Hour Houſe itſelf Jesus Jeſus Chriſt John keep King Kingdom laſt leave Light live Lord loſe Love Luke meet Mind Miſery muſt Name Nature never ourſelves Peace perfect Perſon Pleaſure Power pray Prayer prepare preſent prove receive reign render ſaid Saints Salvation ſave Saviour ſay ſee ſeek ſhall ſhould Sinner Sins Soul ſpeak Spirit ſuch Thee theſe thine Things thoſe Thou Thou art thro thy Grace thyſelf true Truth unto Uſe wait watch whole World
126. oldal - When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: so likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
298. oldal - After this I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations and kindreds and people and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands ; And cried with a loud voice ; saying; Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
168. oldal - And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie:. but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
260. oldal - Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
108. oldal - Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, LORD, it is good for us to be here : if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles ; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
359. oldal - Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
333. oldal - For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
27. oldal - And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord ; (as it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;) and to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.