The Christian Liturgy, and Book of Common Prayer: Containing the Administration of the Sacraments, and Other Rites and Ceremonies of the Apostolic Catholic, Or Universal Church of Christ : with Collects and Prayers, and Extracts from the Psalter, Or Psalms of David : for the Use of the Church of America, Also a Collection of Psalms and Hymns for Public Worship
W.D. Tichnor, 1846 - 524 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Amen Answer appointed behold believe beseech thee Bishop blessed body bring called Christ our Lord Church COLLECT comfort commandments continue Deacons death deliver desire dwell earth EPISTLE eternal everlasting evil eyes faith fear forgive give given glorious glory GOSPEL grace gracious grant hand hath hear heard heart heaven HEAVENLY Father Holy Ghost Holy Spirit honor hope humble Jesus Christ judge judgment keep King kingdom land light live mind Minister MORNING offer pass peace person praise pray Prayer present Priest promise receive righteousness saith salvation Saviour sing sins soul Spirit standing strength Sunday teach thanks thine things thou art thou hast Thou shalt thy holy thy mercy thy name thy servant true trust truth turn unto thee voice worship
271. oldal - But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass : for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
11. oldal - For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same, my name shall be great among the gentiles, and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.
125. oldal - Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
247. oldal - Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet! The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet! "But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted which did put all things under him.
188. oldal - Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a king shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
47. oldal - Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel." (which being interpreted is "God with us").
222. oldal - Six days shalt thou labour, and do all that thou hast to do ; but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God. In it thou shalt do no manner of work, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, thy man-servant, and thy maid-servant, thy cattle, and the stranger that is within thy gates.
181. oldal - Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
165. oldal - ALMIGHTY and everlasting GOD, who art always more ready to hear than we to pray, and art wont to give more than either we desire or deserve ; pour down upon us the abundance of thy mercy, forgiving us those things whereof our conscience is afraid, and giving us those good things which we are not worthy to ask, but through the merits and mediation of JESUS CHRIST thy Son our Lord.