A Summary of Christian Faith and Practice Confirmed by References to the Text of Holy Scripture: Compared with the Liturgy, Articles, and Homilies of the Church of England ...
F.C. & J. Rivington, 1822
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Summary of Christian Faith & Practice, Confirmed by References to the Text ...
Edward John Burrow
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
according Acts adultery affections answer authority bear believe blessed body called cause charity Christian Church Commandment commit covetousness death Decalogue desire Deut divine doth duty earth eternal evil eyes faith false Father fear flesh gift give given glory godly grace hand hath hear heart heaven holy honour husband Jesus Christ John judge judgment keep kill kind king kingdom land live Lord Lord thy lusts Mast Master Matt means ment mind mother mouth nature neighbour obey offend ourselves parents peace perfect persons praise pray Prayer promise Prov Psal punishment receive rest riches righteousness sabbath saith Scho servants serve sins soul speak Spirit surely Table thee thine things thou hast Thou shalt thoughts tion tongue true trust truth unto Wherefore whole wife witness worship
114. oldal - Lord thine oaths : but I say unto you, Swear not at all : neither by heaven ; for it is God's throne : nor by the earth ; for it is his footstool : neither by Jerusalem ; for it is the city of the great King : neither shalt thou swear by thy head ; because thou canst not make one hair white or black : but let your communication be Yea, yea ; Nay, nay : for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
492. oldal - But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.
327. oldal - But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
19. oldal - ... but Christ being come, an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building ; neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
508. oldal - Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
491. oldal - Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden : but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
261. oldal - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections : for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature : and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another ; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
366. oldal - Furthermore, we have had fathers of our flesh, which corrected us, and we gave them reverence : shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live ? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
115. oldal - Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances ? touch not, taste not, handle not ; which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men. Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will-worship and humility, and neglecting of the body, not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
192. oldal - And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.