A General and Connected View of the Prophecies: Relative to the Conversion, Restoration, Union, and Future Glory of the Houses of Judah and Israel; the Progress, and Final Overthrow, of the Antichristian Confederacy in the Land of Palestine; and the Ultimate General Diffusion of Christianity
William Andrews. T. B. Wait & Company printers., 1809 - 384 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accomplishment according advent ancient Antichrist Antichristian appears army Assyria Babylon beast begin Behold believe bring brought called captivity cause chapter Christ church close Compare confederacy considered converted Daniel described desolate destroyed destruction dispersion earth Edom Egypt empire enemies Ezekiel fall gather Gentiles give glory God's Gog and Magog hand hath head heart heaven holy hosts house of Israel inhabitants Isaiah Israel Jerusalem Jews John Judah judgment king kingdom land likewise literal live Lowth in loc manner maritime means mentioned midst mountain mystic nations natural observes overthrow Palestine pass passage period prediction present prince prophecy prophet reason relate remarkable restoration river Roman saith the Lord scattered seems speak spirit suppose thee things thou thou shalt tion tribes turn Tyre understand unto whole Zion
258. oldal - Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
369. oldal - And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
265. oldal - And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
138. oldal - Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not." "Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
62. oldal - But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth : and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
263. oldal - Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
59. oldal - And many people shall go and say, " Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob ; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths : " for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
371. oldal - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.