A Familiar Survey of the Christian Religion: And of History, as Connected with the Introduction of Christianity, and with Its Progress to the Present Time. Intended Primarily for the Use of Young Persons of Either Sex, During the Course of Public Or of Private Education
A. Strahan, 1799 - 571 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Acts afterwards againſt apostles appears authority Babylonian captivity bishop Bithynia blessing book of Chronicles Canaan captivity century Christian church clergy commanded corrupt council death denominated disciples Divine doctrine Donatists earth ecclesiastical edict Egypt emperor empire enemies Epistle established Ezra faith fame Father favour Gentiles glory Gospel Greek hath heaven Hebrew Holy Ghost human hundred idolatry inspiration Irenæus Isaiah Israel Israelites Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jewish Jews John Joshua Judæa Judah judgement king kingdom labours land Lord Luke mankind Matt ment Messiah Monothelites Mosaic law Moses nations nature Old Testament papal Paul persecution persons Peter pontiff pope preach promised prophecy prophets protestant punishment received reign religion religious righteous Roman Rome sacred Saracens Saviour Scriptures sects shew Spirit Supreme tenets Testament things thou throne tion tribes tribes of Judah truth unto Wicliff words worship writers written
44. oldal - And he said, I am God, the God of thy father : fear not to go down into Egypt ; for I will there make of thee a great nation : I will go down with thee into Egypt ; and I will also surely bring thee up again : and Joseph shall put his hand upon thine eyes.
331. oldal - Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet'; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.' '"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
332. oldal - For scarcely for a righteous man will one die ; yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
312. oldal - ... far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. And hath put all things under his feet : and gave him to be the head over all things, to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all...
35. oldal - And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor : and they served other gods.
275. oldal - I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me; for I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing; for to will is present with me, but how to perform that which is good I find not; for the good that I would, I do not, but the evil which I would not, that I do.
283. oldal - Marvel not at this : for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life ; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
50. oldal - Now, therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people : for all the earth is mine : and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.