Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ABRAHAM TUCKER an't angels apostles appear Aspasio Augustus Toplady believe BISHOP BISHOP KEN blessed born CHARLES WESLEY Christian Church command conscience death delight died divine doctrine Dr Johnson earth eternal faith father fear friends gentleman George Whitefield Gethsemane give glory God's gospel grace hand happy hath hear heart heaven heavenly HENRY VENN holy honour hope human Jesus Christ JOHN GAMBOLD JOHN NEWTON labour Land light live look Lord mankind MATTHEW PRIOR mercy mind nature ness never pain passions peace person piety poor praise pray prayer preaching promise prophets receive religion Rogers sacred salvation Saviour Scripture sense sermon shew sinners sins Soame Jenyns soul speak spirit sweet tell temper thankful thee thine things thou art Thou hast thought tion truth unto Venn virtue Wesley whilst whole William WILLIAM LAW word worship
371. oldal - The bell strikes one. We take no note of time, But from its loss. To give it then a tongue, Is wise in man. As if an angel spoke, I feel the solemn sound. If heard aright, It is the knell of my departed hours: Where are they?
273. oldal - For as the rain cometh down, And the snow from heaven, And returneth not thither, But watereth the earth, And maketh it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: It shall not return unto me void, But it shall accomplish that which I please, And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
204. oldal - And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, "Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.
367. oldal - The world recedes: it disappears! Heaven opens on my eyes! my ears With sounds seraphic ring: Lend, lend your wings! I mount! I fly! O Grave! where is thy Victory? O Death! where is thy Sting.
379. oldal - Their ashes flew — No marble tells us whither. With their names No bard embalms and sanctifies his song : And history, so warm on meaner themes, Is cold on this.
397. oldal - Whilst all the stars that round her burn, And all the planets in their turn, Confirm the tidings as they roll, And spread the truth from pole to pole.
188. oldal - But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: and bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat and be merry: for this my son was dead, and is alive again ; he was lost, and is found.
91. oldal - Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Sing unto the Lord ; for he hath done excellent things : this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion : for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.
210. oldal - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church ; and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore, as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.