The Theory of Prophecy; as it Respects ... Civil Establishments of Christianity, the Nicene Heresy of Antichrist, and the Doctrine of the Millennium
Hurst, Chance & Company, 1830 - 456 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according angels Apostles appears authority beast become behold bishops blood body called cast Christ Christian church civil coming dead death destroy divine doctrine dominion earth Emperors Empire established eternal existence faith fall Father fire flesh four give given glory gospel Greek hand hath head heaven holy horns hundred Italy Jerusalem Jesus Jews John judgment king kingdom latter light literal living Lord means mystery nature never persons Pope possessed princes prophecy prophets receive Reformation reign religion represented rest resurrection Roman Rome saints says Scripture sealed seven shew souls Spirit stand sword symbols temple thee things third thou thousand throne tion true truth unto viii vision voice whole worship xvii
372. oldal - Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
359. oldal - And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
408. oldal - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them : and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads or in their hands ; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
347. oldal - Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
414. oldal - Fur behold I create new heavens, and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create : for behold I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a, joy.
409. oldal - And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city ; and fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them...
195. oldal - Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their Lord, when he will return from the wedding, that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
356. oldal - And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer...
289. oldal - Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold ; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter : and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
108. oldal - For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts ; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people. And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying ; Know the Lord ; for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.