Sacred Extracts from the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments: For the More Convenient Attainment of a Knowledge of the Inspired Writers
Printed, published and sold by T.B. Wait & Sons; sold also by James W. Burdit, West and Richardson, and R.P. and C. Williams, Boston, and other booksellers in town and country, 1814 - 360 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according answered asked behold blessed bread brethren bring brother brought called cast cause CHAP child Christ cometh commanded darkness David dead death delivered dwell earth Egypt evil eyes face father fear flesh fruit gave give given glory hand hath hear heard heart heaven holy iniquity Israel Jacob Jerusalem Jesus Joseph judge judgment keep king kingdom land light living look Lord Moses mouth night pass peace poor praise pray receive rejoice rich righteous saith saith the Lord Saul say unto seen sent servant serve shew sons soul spake speak spirit spoken strength surely thereof thine things thou art thou hast thou shalt took trust turn understanding unto the Lord unto thee voice walk waters wicked wilt wisdom wise
227. oldal - And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me : for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched ; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
171. oldal - It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard : that went down to the skirts of his garments ; 3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion : for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
222. oldal - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, From doing thy pleasure on my holy day ; And call the sabbath a delight, The holy of the Lord, honourable; And shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, Nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord...
303. oldal - And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me.
224. oldal - The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee : but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
165. oldal - They shall perish, but thou shalt endure : yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment ; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed : 27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
257. oldal - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues, and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
208. oldal - And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers...
355. oldal - Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy...