Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alexandria Ambrose amongst Angelical Angelical's Anima Anthony Antonii Arians Aristotle Athanasius Athens atque Augustine autem Averroes Avicenna Basil Basilii beautiful Bishop Catena Chap character Christ Christian Chrysostom Church Constantinople desert Deus dicitur Diogenes Laertius divine Doctor doctrine ejus enim Epist erat error etiam Eunapius eyes Fathers Frigerio fuit gifts Grac grace Greek Gregorii Theologi Gregory heart heaven holocaustic sacrifice Holy human Ibidem ilium influence intellect Jerome John Chrysostom Lect Libanius light lived look Lord master mighty mind monastic nature neque nihil omnes Omnia Opusc pagan Patrolog philosophy Plato Pontiff Pope possessed principles Proaeresius quae quam quia quibus quidem quod religion Roman Rome Saint says schools Scripture secundum sibi Socrates soul speaks spirit Stagyrite Summa Theologica sunt teaching things Thomas of Aquino thought Tocco Touron truth vero Vita whilst words writings
589. oldal - But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth ; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
854. oldal - Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church and delivered himself up for it: That he might sanctify it, cleansing it by the laver of water in the word of life: That he might present it to himself, a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
481. oldal - Master, all these have I observed from my youth. 21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shall have treasure in heaven : and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
465. oldal - ... ,"Go thy ways, and God bless thee, for it is not possible that the son of these tears should perish.
406. oldal - And he had in his hand a little book open, and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot upon the earth...
137. oldal - Enter : its grandeur overwhelms thee not ; And why ? it is not lessen'd ; but thy mind, Expanded by the genius of the spot, Has grown colossal, and can only find A fit abode wherein appear enshrined Thy hopes of immortality ; and thou Shalt one day, if found worthy, so denned, See thy God face to face, as thou dost now His Holy of Holies, nor be blasted by His brow.
138. oldal - Thomas, or of Newton, or of Goethe (I purposely take instances within and without the Catholic pale, when I would speak of the intellect as such) is one which takes a connected view of old and new, past and present, far and near, and which has an insight into the influence of all these one...
481. oldal - Take up and read; take up and read." Immediately my countenance was changed, and I began most earnestly to consider whether it was usual for children in any kind of game to sing such words; nor could I remember ever to have heard the like. So...