Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adore ages Almighty altd appear awful bear bids blessed bliss bounty breast breath bright cease changing cheerful Christ Christian comfort command crown darkness death delight divine Doddridge earth endless eternal faith Father fear flow frame Friend give glorious glory grace gracious grateful hand happy head hear heart heaven heavenly holy hope hour human humble hymns immortal Jesus kind King known land lead light live Lord mercy mind morning mortal nature never night o'er pain path peace praise prayer proclaim providence race raise reigns rest rise roll round sacred scene seek shine sing skies song sorrow soul sound Source sovereign spread spring stand Steele strength sweet teach thanks thee thine things thou thought throne thy praise tongue trust truth voice Watts wings wisdom wonders
90. oldal - And press with vigour on : A heavenly race demands thy zeal, And an immortal crown. 2 A cloud of witnesses around Hold thee in full survey : Forget the steps already trod, And onward urge thy way. 3 ?Tis God's all-animating voice That calls thee from on high ; :Tis His own hand presents the prize To thine aspiring eye : 4 That prize, with peerless glories bright, Which shall new lustre boast, When victors' wreaths and monarchs' gems Shall blend in common dust.
207. oldal - Though in the paths of death I tread, With gloomy horrors overspread, My steadfast heart shall fear no ill, For thou, O Lord, art with me still : Thy friendly crook shall give me aid, And guide me through the dreadful shade.
252. oldal - Forgive me, Lord, for Thy dear Son, The ill that I this day have done ; That with the world, myself, and Thee, I, ere I sleep, at peace may be.
185. oldal - A thousand ages in Thy sight Are like an evening gone ; Short as the watch that ends the night Before the rising sun. 5 Time, like an ever-rolling stream, Bears all its sons away ; They fly forgotten, as a dream Dies at the opening day...
187. oldal - LORD, my best desire fulfil, And help me to resign Life, health, and comfort to thy will, And make thy pleasure mine. 2 Why should I shrink at thy command, Whose love forbids my fears...
64. oldal - The unwearied sun, from day to day, Does his Creator's power display, And publishes to every land The work of an Almighty hand. Soon as the evening shades prevail The moon takes up the wondrous tale, And nightly to the listening earth Repeats the story of her birth...
152. oldal - Thine all-surrounding sight surveys My rising and my rest; My public walks, my private ways, And secrets of my breast. 3 My thoughts lie open to the Lord, Before they 're formed within ; And ere my lips pronounce the word, He knows the sense I mean. 4 O wondrous knowledge, deep and high ! Where can a creature hide?
218. oldal - THROUGH all the changing scenes of life, In trouble and in joy, The praises of my God shall still My heart and tongue employ.