The family Prayer book, or The Book of common prayer, according to the use of the Protestant episcopal Church in the United States of America; accompanied by a general comm., compiled from the most approved liturgical works
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts Almighty Amen ancient answer apostles appear appointed authority baptism baptized beginning believe beseech Bishop blessed body Book called child Christian Church Collect comfort command common Communion concerning confession consider continue Dean death deliver desire directed disciples divine duty earth Epistle evil express faith Father give given glory God's Gospel grace grant hand hath hear heart heaven Holy Ghost honour Jesus Christ Jews John keep King kingdom Lesson light Liturgy live Lord Lord's manner means mercy mind Minister nature never observed occasion ourselves peace perform persons praise pray prayer present priest promise proper Psalm reason receive repentance sacrament Saviour Scripture sense sins soul Spirit stand sufferings Sunday taken thanks thee things thou thought tion true truth unto whole worship
238. oldal - And immediately I was in the spirit : and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone : and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
366. oldal - WE do not presume to come to this thy table, O merciful Lord, trusting in our own righteousness, but in thy manifold and great mercies. We are not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under thy table. But thou art the same Lord, whose property is always to have mercy : grant us, therefore, gracious Lord, so to eat the flesh of thy dear Son Jesus Christ, and to drink his blood, that our sinful bodies may be made clean by his body, and our souls washed through his most precious blood, and that...
108. oldal - We bless thee for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life ; but, above all, for thine inestimable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory.
277. oldal - So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good : and the wedding was furnished with guests.
268. oldal - For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man ; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith ; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints, what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height, and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that...
476. oldal - GOD, FATHER of our LORD •*•*• JESUS CHRIST, Maker of all things, Judge of all men; We acknowledge and bewail our manifold sins and wickedness, Which we, from time to time, most grievously have committed, By thought, word, and deed, Against Thy Divine Majesty, Provoking most justly Thy wrath and indignation against us. We do earnestly repent, And are heartily sorry for these our misdoings; The remembrance of them is grievous unto us; The burden of them is intolerable.
295. oldal - And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
257. oldal - For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, "and shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
215. oldal - And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms concerning me.
142. oldal - And Jesus went into the Temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the Temple, and overthrew the tables of the money-changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, and said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer ; but ye have made it a den of thieves.