Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection appeared beautiful blessed bound bright called chief Christ Christian church cloth cloud dark dear death deep Descriptions divine earth Engravings faith fear feel feet fire flowers give given glory governor ground hand hath head heard heart heaven hills holy honour hope Hottentots hour human hundred interest island Jesus John Huss labours land late light living look Lord meet mind Missionary mountains native nature never night o'er once Original passed peace person prayer present promise reached received remain rest river scene seemed side society soon soul speak spirit spring stand stream suffered sweet taken tears thee things thou thought tree truth turned voice volume whole wild witnesses young
178. oldal - The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
178. oldal - But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
178. oldal - Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid. 42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.
178. oldal - And there came also Nicodemus, (which at the first came to Jesus by night,) and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
178. oldal - Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
178. oldal - Blood and Water. And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true : and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled : A bone of Him shall not be broken. And again, another Scripture saith : They shall look on Him Whom they pierced.
178. oldal - And after this Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave.
178. oldal - Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. 33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs...
14. oldal - t appointed to consider what Measures ought to be adopted with regard to the NATIVE INHABITANTS of Countries where BRITISH SETTLEMENTS are made, and to the neighbouring Tribes, in order to secure to them the due observance of Justice and the protection of their Rights ; to promote the spread of Civilization among them, and to lead them to the peaceful and voluntary reception of the Christian Religion...