A Selection of the Most Celebrated Sermons of M. Luther and J. Calvin: Eminent Ministers of the Gospel, and Principal Leaders in the Protestant Reformation. (Never Before Published in the United States.) To which is Prefixed, a Biographical History of Their Lives
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able Abraham according apostle appear become believe blessed body bring brought called Calvin cast cause christian church commanded condemned consider death delivered doctrine doth doubt duty endeavour enemies evil eyes faith Father fear flesh follow give given glory God's gospel grace hand hath hear heart heaven holy honour Jews John king kingdom knowledge known light likewise live Lord Jesus Christ Luther manner means mind nature neighbour never notwithstanding offer ourselves Paul saith peace person pray prayer preached profit promise prophets pure reason receive righteousness salvation satan saved scripture seek servant serve showeth sins soul speak speaketh spirit suffer sure taken taught thee things thou tion true trust truth turn understand unless unto whatsoever whereby whole wicked witness word
49. oldal - Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see: For I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them ; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
163. oldal - And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
105. oldal - This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other ; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
139. oldal - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
50. oldal - Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord : And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength : this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
170. oldal - Israel, for he hath visited and redeemed his people, and hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David, as he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: that we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us...
37. oldal - Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not ; taste not ; handle not ; which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men...
173. oldal - Bring no more vain oblations ; incense is an abomination unto me ; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with it ; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.