Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according accountability action actual Adam admit agent argument aversion believe Bible called cause character choice choose Christ church coming commands common Confession consequences constitution contrary corruption created dead death deny depravity divine doctrine effect evidence evil existence exposition express faculties faith fall fallen fatality fathers feel force free agency Freedom give given God's gospel grace ground hath heart hold holy human impossibility imputed influence kind language liberty Lord lost man's manner matter means mind moral inability motives natural ability necessary necessity never obedience obey obligation opinions original pass Pelagian perfect perverted possibility posterity preaching prevent produce prove punishment question reason received regeneration requires respect result sense sermon sinner sins soul speak Spirit supposed taught teach things thou tion total depravity truth turn understand universal unto views voluntary whole wrong
142. oldal - But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot: neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
91. oldal - No man can come unto me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him ; and I will raise him up at the last day.
106. oldal - GOD from all eternity did, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass : yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures, nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.
149. oldal - Pray can I not, Though inclination be as sharp as will: My stronger guilt defeats my strong intent; And, like a man to double business bound, I stand in pause where I shall first begin, And both neglect. What if this cursed hand Were thicker than itself with brother's blood, Is there not rain enough in the sweet heavens To wash it white as snow?
97. oldal - See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil ; in that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
104. oldal - Man, by his fall into a state of sin, hath wholly lost all ability of will to any spiritual good accompanying salvation; so as a natural man, being altogether averse from that good, and dead in sin, is not able, by his own strength, to convert himself, or to prepare himself thereunto.
96. oldal - Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not ; and come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say,. We are delivered to do all these abominations...
93. oldal - For the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.