Horæ Mosaicæ: Or, A View of the Mosaical Records, with Respect to Their Coincidence with Profane Antiquity; Their Internal Credibility; and Their Connection with Christianity: Comprehending the Substance of Eight Lectures Read Before the University of Oxford, in the Year 1801; Pursuant to the Will of the Late Rev. John Bampton, A.M.
University Press, for the author, 1801 - 355 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according adopted alſo ancient appears aſſerted authenticity Author bear became believe called cauſe CHAP circumſtance coincidence connected conſequently conſidered creation deity deluge derived deſcendants divine earth Egypt Egyptians equally event facts fame fire firſt flood fons Gods Greeks hand heaven Hence Hift Hindoos hiſtory immediately Italy Jews king land language leſs likewiſe Lord mankind manner mentioned Moſes moſt muſt narrative nature never Noah object obſerved once origin Pagan paſſage Patriarch Pentateuch perhaps period perſon preſent preſerved principle probable race reaſon received religion remains remarkable repreſented reſemblance reſpecting ſaid ſame ſays Scrip Scripture SECT ſeems ſerpent ſhall ſhould ſimilar ſome ſon ſtate ſtill ſuch ſuppoſed theſe things thoſe tion took tradition truth univerſal uſe various waters whole worſhip δε εν και
150. oldal - And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night ; and let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days,
332. oldal - And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
148. oldal - God had •determined to bring upon the earth at once, " the windows of heaven were opened, and the fountains of the great deep broken up.
260. oldal - And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
16. oldal - All the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
177. oldal - I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
262. oldal - And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth ? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I, the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
261. oldal - And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice : for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.