Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adopted appeared authority became bishops body brought called Calvin Catholic cause century character Charles Christ Christian Church civil clergy common connection Council court death direct doctrine Duke ecclesiastical effect Elector Emperor Empire England Erasmus especially established faith favor feeling followed force France French gave Geneva German give given ground hands head held Henry History hostility idea influence interest Italy King learning less letter liberty Luther Lutheran measures Melancthon ment mind nature nobles once opinions opposition Papacy papal party peace persecution Philip political Pope position practical preachers presented princes principle Protestant Protestantism Queen Ranke received reference Reformation relation religion religious respecting Roman Rome sacraments says Scriptures side spirit theology tion took true truth University writings Zwingle
545. oldal - And now I say unto you ; Refrain from these men, and let them alone ; for if this counsel or this work, be of men, it will come to nought; but if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it, lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
17. oldal - For where the Church is, there is the Spirit of God; and where the Spirit of God is, there is the Church, and every kind of grace ; but the Spirit is truth.
511. oldal - Christendom, whatever advance has been made in knowledge, in freedom, in wealth, and in the arts of life, has been made in spite of her, and has everywhere been in inverse proportion to her power. The loveliest and most fertile provinces of Europe have, under her rule, been sunk in poverty, in political servitude, and in intellectual torpor; while Protestant countries, once proverbial for sterility and barbarism, have been turned by skill and industry into gardens, and can boast of a long list of...
436. oldal - I keep Laud back from all place of rule and authority because I find he hath a restless spirit, and cannot see when matters are well, but loves to toss and change, and to bring things to a pitch of reformation floating in his own brain, which may endanger the steadfastness of that which is in a good pass, God be praised.
337. oldal - Furthermore, we must receive God's promises in such wise, as they be generally set forth to us in holy Scripture : and in our doings, that will of God is to be followed, which we have expressly declared unto us in the Word of God.
527. oldal - Behind him cast ; the broad circumference Hung on his shoulders like the moon, whose orb Through optic glass the Tuscan artist views At evening from the top of Fesole Or in Valdarno, to descry new lands, Rivers, or mountains, in her spotty globe.
379. oldal - The Forme of Prayers and Ministration of the Sacraments, &c., used in the English Congregation at Geneva, and approved by the famous and godly learned man, John Calvin.
340. oldal - To what purpose is this waste? 9 For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor. 10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. 11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.